Due to Severe weather the following changes have been made:
Boys Basketball vs Alleman at Alleman will now be played as followed: Sophomores @ 5 pm & Varsity @ 6:30 pm
JV & Varsity Girls Basketball vs Washington - Postponed (New Date TBD)
Freshman Girls Basketball @ Galesburg - Rescheduled to Wednesday 2/6/19 @ 5:00 pm
JV Wrestling @ Bettendorf Invite - Canceled
Sophomore & Varsity Boys Basketball @ Ottawa - Postponed (New Date TBD)
Freshman Boys Basketball @ Rock Island - Rescheduled to Monday 1/28/19 @ 5:00 PM
Varsity Boys Swimming & Diving @ United Township - Postponed (New Date TBD)
Today was the WB6 Conference tournament for girls tennis. Alleman has won conference the past 3 years, and today, Moline fought hard and took the title back! Moline has not won the conference title since 2014. The team showed overall growth and maturity in their game. All 6 players played extremely well and competed at the highest level I have seen them play all year. Coaches (Rick Mellinger and myself) were very proud of the girls, and impressed by how hard they competed and their overall drive to win.
In singles, Camille Keys won her first round and then was defeated in the second round by Quincy. Sarah Gustafson placed 4th in singles, losing a tough 3 set battle against United Township.
In doubles, we had an all Moline final!!! Lauren Myers and Monika Birski ended up taking the title beating Makayla Castillo and Olivia Sander. But Castillo and Sander had to defeat Alleman's #1 doubles team in the semi-finals in order to advance to the finals. It went 3 sets and the girls toughed it out and won the match!
Moline had a fantastic day today! Go Maroons!
PROSPECT FALL CLASSIC TOURNAMENT 9-22-18
This is a tough tournament where some of the top school across the state come together to play really competitive matches. It gives the players and coaches a good idea of the kind of competition that will be at state. For our team, I think it provides a lot of high quality matches as well as a great learning experience as many of our girls are younger and have not experienced this level of competition yet. I think that the girls did well, but it gave us a lot of insight as to what we need to work on in order to finish up the season strong. Moline finished in 12th place out of 16 schools.
#1 Singles: Sarah Gustafson
vs. Ali Benedetto, New Trier; lost 6-0, 6-0
vs. Honor Weingart, Rolling Meadows; Won 8-6
vs, Maggie Gong, Stevenson; lost 6-1, 6-0
#2 Singles: Camille Keys
vs. Emma Boyd, Buffalo Grove; lost 6-0, 6-1
vs. Liza Shakhlevich, Glenbrook North; lost 8-2
vs. Brigit Cavanah, St. Viator; won 6-3
#3 Singles: Kate Schaecter
vs. Daniela Shekman, Glenbrook North; lost 6-4, 6-4
vs. Ava Wetzel, St. Viator; won 8-0
vs. Megan McNally, Prospect; won 6-2, 6-0
#1 Doubles: Monika Birski / Lauren Myers
vs. Kolli/ Kollli, Stevenson; lost 6-2, 6-3
vs. Mahajan/ Park, Conant; won 8-4
vs. Nolan/ Wolski, Libertyville; won 6-3, 6-1
#2 Doubles: Matti Brower / Olivia Sander
vs. Rudolphi/ Benner, Libertyville; lost 6-3, 6-3
vs, Lee/ Yuan, Buffalo Grove; lost 8-2
vs. Belcaster/ Proctor; Oak Park River Forest; lost 6-4, 6-2
#3 Doubles; Makayla Castillo / Paulina Guerrero
vs. Bonanotte/ Cambria, St. Viator; won 6-2, 7-5(2)
vs. Petrosino/ Nichols, Oak Park River Forest; lost 6-1, 6-1
vs. Raab/ LoGrande, Highland Park; lost 6-1, 6-0
#4 Doubles: Serina Daniels / Man Dim
vs. Blum/ Podbelsik, Highland Park; lost 6-0, 6-1
vs. Peric/ Bullock, St. Viator; lost 8-4
vs. Ayyah/ Ghosh, Conant; lost 6-1, 6-1
MOLINE VS. DANVILLE 9-14-18
Danville's Lauren Ellis and Erin Houpt showed why they were both state qualifiers last year. Both players winning easily in their singles and then partnering up for a win at number one doubles. Moline players worked hard and played with a lot intensity. This teams competitive nature is fun to watch and be around. Congratulations to Camille and Kate for their double victories, singles and doubles. Moline is 3-1 in dual meets.
1. Monika Birski, M vs. Lauren Ellis, D Danville 6-1, 6-2
2. Lauren Myers, M vs. Erin Houpt, D Danville 6-1, 6-1
3. Sarah Gustafson, M vs. Emma Towne, D Danville 3-3 Default
4. Camille Keys, M vs. Sami Christison, D Moline 6-0, 6-1
5. Kate Schaechter, M vs. Krysten Kagles, D Moline 6-0, 6-1
6. Olivia Sander, M vs. Lauren Shillo, D Moline 6-2, 6-1
1. Birski/ Myers, M vs. Ellis/ Houpt, D Danville 7-5, 6-3
2. Maddi Brower/ Sander vs. Towne/ Kagles Danville 7-6(1), 7-5
3. Keys/ Schaechter, M vs. Christianson/ Shillo Moline 6-0, 6-1
MOLINE @ LIMESTONE 9-13-18
After a long van ride, the girls came out focused and hit the ball with a lot of confidence. Congratulations to everyone.
1. Sarah Gustafson, M vs. Emily Batton, L Moline 6-0, 6-0
2. Camille Keys, M vs. Savannah Cihi, L Moline 6-3, 6-0
1. Monika Birski/ Lauren Myers, M vs. Stevens/ Swanson, L Moline 6-0, 6-0
2. Matti Brower/ Olivia Sander, M vs. Johnstone/ Thomson, L Moline 6-1, 6-0
3. Makayla Castillo/ Kate Schaechter, M vs. Baker/ Scmidt, L Moline 6-0, 6-0
MOLINE @ ALLEMAN 9-11-18
Going into this match we knew we needed to be prepared as Alleman is the defending WB6 champs. They have a very solid team and fight hard in every match.
Our Maroons came out fierce with a desire to win. They stayed positive throughout their matches and dug deep to pull out some key victories. At the end of the singles matches we stood tied with Alleman 3-3. We have very strong doubles players and a lot confidence in our doubles teams. All three double teams played very well and Moline ended up winning 2 of the 3 doubles matches, enabling us to win the dual meet 5-4. Players from both sides played with a lot of heart and great sportsmanship. Proud to be apart of it.
1. Monika Birski, M vs, Lily Schoeck, A Alleman 6-1, 6-0
2. Lauren Myers, M vs. Lucy Rector, A Alleman 6-4, 1-6, 10-5
3. Camille Keys, M vs. Brooke McKeown, A Alleman 6-1, 6-3
4. Sarah Gustafson, M vs. Sydney Anderson, A Moline 6-2, 6-1
5. Kate Schaechter, M vs. Haley Hoffman, A Moline 6-0, 6-1
6. Olivia Sander, M vs. Lucy Sobaski, A Moline 4-6, 7-6(3), 10-4
1. Birski/ Myers, M vs. Rector/ McKeown, A Moline 6-3, 6-0
2. Gustafson/ Schaechter, M vs. Anderson/ Hoffman, A Moline 6-2, 6-0
3. Matti Brower/ Sander, M vs. Schoeck/ Sobaski, A Alleman 6-1, 6-4